Pan-baked pizza or pizza-al-tegamino can change your FRIDAY night homemade pizza.
Tired of pizza to-go? Or of the standard large pie with extra cheese?
This is the perfect recipe for you! It’s not the classic italian pizza, it’s what we call pizza al tegamino, that is pan-baked pizza.
Pan-Baked pizza requires a special mold
I cook them in the oven inside round baking pans (tegamino) well greased with olive oil. Made only with 100% whole-wheat flour, water and good italian tomato. Pizzottella is soft, tall, flavorful, homemade.
Enjoy your toppings!
I flavor each baked-pan-pizza only with tomato and chopped capers, fresh or dried thyme. But it’s possible to choose a different taste for each one.
If you like it, add also little fior-di-latte mozzarella slices and cover them with one or two copious tomato tablespoons.
To flavor baked-pan-pizza are a good idea also to use leftovers in the fridge. So, use your fantasia, please!
Perfect for friend’s dinner, homemade aperitivo, snack, picnic basket and, of course, kid’s party.
- This whole-wheat pizza dough is only stirred and not kneaded. It’s really soft and sticky and needs a large bowl because it swells a lot.
- Stir the dough with a non-stick, silicone spoon
for about 12-14 pan-baked pizza
round baking pan, diameter 10 cm
500 g whole-wheat flour
1/2 l warm water
3 g active dry yeast
6 g sea salt
3-4 copious tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
for the toppings
400 g fine tomato purèe Cirio
2 teaspoons capers
extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, fresh or dried thyme
1 little fior-di-latte mozzarella
- in a large bowl stir flour and yeast. Stirring add oil and water little by little. Now add sea salt and stir again until the dough is soften and well combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave the dough to rise for about 2-3 hours or more.
- Clean capers under fresh water and chopped them. Set aside.
- In a bowl flavor tomato purée with olive oil, chopped capers, black pepper, thyme.
- Grease pans with olive oil.
- Transfer about 120 g dough in each baking pan helping you with a silicone spoon. Always with the help of the spoon, roll out dough inside the baking pans.
- Flavor pizzottelle with tomato, mozzarella and so on.
- Cook in preheated oven (180C) about 20 minutes.